Monday, September 7, 2009

Going to Uganda????

So why am I going to go to Uganda? Well, it's kind of funny really. I am from the Honor Academy and I was a Graduate Intern looking to stay another year in Management Associate Program, one of a few programs I could have been apart of. Also at the same time that I was applying for it, I was having some financial trouble, I still has to raise support for my Graduate Intern year that I was in at that time. If I did not raise the support that I needed I was going to be dismissed from the internship and would have to come back home.

Well, as all this was going on, I was hanging out with some friends of mine during my free time and we were all discussing what we were all going to do for the next year. Well one of my friends said that they were going to Uganda to help start up a Honor Academy their. My reaction was very excited for them, and I thought that it would be pretty cool to go over and start one. As these were my thoughts, I didn't know but the Lord was doing something in my heart. Well this happened a few times that I heard a few of my firends,about 5, were going over to Uganda, and all within about 2 weeks.

During these 2 weeks, I kept on thinking about Uganda and going over, I didn't know why I had it on my mind. I should have had being a Management Associate on my mind and planning for that not Uganda. As this was going on, I would be fundraising for current internship, I only has a few days left. Then the bigest thing happened. I was dismissed from the Honor Academy. Now my chances of staying another year as a Management Associate has significantly low. I have to raise all the support still in order to come back and now I have another deadline to do, I would only have a two weeks. Now at this time I remind myself that I told God to do something like this. I asked him, "Lord, if you really want me to go to Uganda, then I am going to have to get dismissed so that I would be released from my commitment as a Management Associate." Well I got dismissed so I decided then to apply and see more in to what Uganda is all about and what we will be doing their.

So I setup an appointment for an inteview with Emma Schnieder and Trace Jones. The interview went really well. When Trace Jones was talking to me, he said that it was his job to make me not want to go. As he was saying what it was going to be like down there and be like the devil's adovcate, I liked everything he was saying. A lot of what he was saying I already has some experiences with being on the road with Acquire the Fire. I was really excited when he was telling me all this. So after the interview was done, they said that I would know by the end of the week. When the end of the week came, I didn't get an answer. A few days past and I still did not hear anything, so really all I could do is just give it up to the Lord. After about a week I received an answer that I needed recommendations from my Road Manager and my manager from my Ministry Placement. So I contacted both of them and asked them if they could send their recommendations. Well about another week went by and I still haven't gotten anything. So I found out that their was only one recommendation that came in. So I contacted the person that I was missing, and asked them to send it in. Well a few days later I received an email from Emma Schnieder saying that I was accepted to participate in the start of the Honor Academy Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment