Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Standards!!!!!

So I was thinking earlier tonight, what are my standards. Do I have any? Why would I have any? I mean, I am home now, under most of the rules from the Honor Academy, but still, have a lot of freedom and paths that I would be able to go down that would be easy for me or at least look like I am doing something that are against my standards.

Why would I have any? I believe it is very wise to have standards and just guidelines for different areas of my life or anyone's life. In Proverbs 4:23 it says "above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." It says to Guard your heart. Also in Proverbs 4:14-15 it says, "Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way." It says Avoid it, avoid the walk in the way of evil men. So if we do not set boundaries and just go on with day to day life, we could make a decision and be walking in the way of evil. Now if we do that we are not guarding the wellspring of our life, the heart!

So do I have any standards. Well here are a couple that I will share that I do have.
1) No riding in the car with the opposite gender at night
2) No staying up watching TV passed 11:00pm
3) Not going to be alone with the opposite gender in a room alone

These are just a few of my own standards. But we should all have standards, if we do we are more likely not to get ourselves into temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment