Monday, September 14, 2009

Hebrews!!!!

Hebrews 2:18- "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted" (NIV) or "For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted." (NASB).

I love this. This proves that no matter what you are going through, Jesus will come to our help or aid. No matter what temptation there is he will come, that is if you ask him to. How can someone help you if you don't ask for help? The Lord will come and help you with anything that is happening. This is just soo great! I really do not know what more to say about it, it's just amazing and great, that ANYTHING that is tempting us Jesus will aid us in that.

Now this next part is even more scarier, I think, it made me rethink my salvation!

Here are 3 different versions:
Hebrews 6:4-6 -"It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace." (NIV)

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame." (NASB)

" For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame." (NKJV)

So here is the question of the day.... Can we then loose our salvation based off what the scripture says here in these verses in these three different versions?
This makes me wonder. I was reading Hebrews (one of my favorite books) and came across this passage. It makes me think if you can loose it. To me this dose prove you can loose your salvation. It also made me think, that all the "bad" I have done as I professed that I was a Christian, that I was one even saved or two had salvation. This is just for thought and what I got out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment