Friday, September 11, 2009

World News

Hey everyone,

So today I didn't realized it until the middle of the day, that it was September 11th. Today was the day in 2001 when this country was attacked. It made me realize the war that we are still fighting to this day. Also it reminded me of every project that I have done on 9/11.

I remember exaclty where I was and what I was doing on that day. I was home from school because I was sick and I was the only one there in the house. I slept in and then got up laid on the couch and watched some cartoons. Next thing I remember is that my mother called me and asked if I had been watching the news, that something was going on in New York. I didn't know what was going on so I turned to it and they said that the one of the World Trade Center towers were hit by a plane. I did not know what to think about this situtation, all that I knew was this is something big and not good. So I hung up the phone and a few minutes later, I saw the second plane on live TV hit the other tower. I was just in shock of that scene. I remember perfect to this day.

What's happening today, but more violence, not in America, but in Uganda. The article title is "Six more dead, Kabaka cancels visit". http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/12/694334 here is the link to the story. There has been some violent rioting in and around the city of Kampala, right around where the site of the new Honor Academy Uganada is going to be. Please be praying for the peace of Kampala and the surrounding towns. Also, this does not affect, at this point, any postpondment or cancelation of our trip. If you would like to know more on what is going on in Uganda and for more stories you can click on the link to the right, "News in Uganda".

Also please be praying for financial support for me and also my team. We know that the economy is very tough, but I know that the Lord has called all 8 of us to go to Uganda and see this thing through. If you want to donate you can log on to http://www.honoracademy.com/donate and my ID# is 2441613. Or you can mail a check that is made out to "Teen Mania Ministries" and the memo line as "Andrew Downey ID# 2441613" to:
Teen Mania Ministries
c/o Intern Relations
PO Box 2000
Lindale, TX 75771
or any personal checks or cash can be mailed to:
Andrew Downey
557 SW Cutoff Unit 136
Worcester, MA 01607

No comments:

Post a Comment